The Strangest Time in the Desert

 

Part 1: The Worthy introductory

 

"formless being, hollow. yet immeasurable thing which simple mind cant imagine"

            Yes, that`s what the tome said to describe my physical appearance. How insignificant it is to be described from the shape. Though I used to have a body when I was in Lothrania. The tome haven`t said this, but I was a serpent. The oldest serpent in Hthi’kreytinum. They called me Nithvox Vi`thu kra (Master Vi’thu kra).  I used to be respected, and feared by my people but that means nothing to me. Then all  things that I had just disappear like the wind of Gthokrivna, it happened just sudden. I was in a small dull ship which I couldn`t recognize its model. Inside, I saw a text. A simple text which is alien to my communication comprehension. But from its simplicity I must say that the ship must be made by people with a lack of intelligence which devoured by the will to conquer some places or to gain unimaginable profit from me. As the ship went down to an unrecognizable planet like the horse of Ardania, I felt strange. I saw my right index finger carried by the wind through a little ventilation. To fear, there is nothing. But that strange event triggered my unbearable curiosity of this strange new planet. How come the atmosphere smelted my body into a pile of plain sand in a few minutes? To answer, I must heed the surroundings. As my whole body smelted, I could feel that all my limbs were unable to move. They only followed the wind to a little hole which led me to the outside of the ship. It might be the bless of Grothina, if my body didn`t smelt, I could be dead like the ship below which crushed into a few pieces after it landed into a gigantic size of rocky thorn.

            As the feather of Thuna, I landed my irrecognizable feet on the ground. I checked every corner of my surrounding, there was nothing but a sea of sand. I travelled to the direction of the Sinne(sun), hoping to find a clue of this planet. I found a poor, uncultured, yet plebeian civilization after two sandstorms passed by. To get their language, I sucked an old man`s brain when Sinne no longer see my movement. As the advanced race, I can learn any language simply by eating the victims brain along with the memories inside. So no wonder I could see the memories of the old man when he was young and strong as the Chivkra Bodyguard. To prevent any unwanted event, I wore a long-veiled robe also with a mask. I joined a little community which was discussing about the god of Sun (sinne). As I have said before, they are uncultured, and the most important thing is they are plebeian. I listened to them eventhough I felt insulted to them for making Sinne as a god. A kid in the corner questioned my face, he said

“Mus Thakriv no yith?” (what`s wrong with your masked face?).

Then I said “Mus ne yith ya xina” (This mask hides a story).

He seemed curious. “Mus no xina hi krothu!” (tell me the story of it!)

I really had no time to tell a story to that little filthy kid. “Mus mi no xina thu” (I will tell it later)

The boy smiled. “No grutha!” (you promise me!)

Then I fled away from the boy to talk to the Krivas, that`s how they call a guard. The guard gave me much information, he said that the village used to be wealthy but the god of Sinne didn`t give the wealth anymore. They are featherbrained people, they had no leader. They said that leader only slowed their development in making a better village. Hmm—no wonder the civilization there couldn`t improve or even advance to the better one. They needed a leader, an impressive leader! From the information that I got, I could see that the problem came from the lack of confidence in making improvement.

            It wasn`t hard to lead the civilization. I just showed them my common knowledge to impress them. How pity, they loved to pierce themselves but they didn`t responsible for the harm that they made. They used animal dung to heal the piercing wound. Such an idiotical method in medical advancement. It caused a great infection which lead them to their death. That`s a good price for being stupid. I told them to use the ox bone. With a little trick, it could help them to reduce the infection possibility. It worked! Then they gave me a huge respect and regard for what I did to them. Not for a long time, I finally led the civilization.

            The first step that I took was changing the system. I pointed three elders, which are Mentuhotep, Amenemhat, and Thursofana as the councils to keep my eyes open of the situation. It is not the king`s duty to check the peasants` condition one by one. Oh yes, I changed the name of the place to Nubia. It means gold. I promised myself to change the city into a land of gold. I thought that Nubia would be remembered by all this planet`s  inhabitants.

            The second step was improving the architecture. Sounds useless but it improved the morality of the peasants. I ordered my people to build huge great building to place my worthy statue. I didn`t have any reason why people saw me as a bird-headed god. They also called me Ra. But it was none of trouble of mine, as long the people there respect me much, I would like to be called Ra until my last breath.

            I don`t have to explain the rest of my steps. You can find it on the wall that they make to remember my duty in this strange planet. I don`t have to tell you why the death of the worthy people should be ended with mummification. I don`t have to tell you why now you know my people are crazy in loving myw. The point is, I did all things on purpose. You should know that I am encouraged to make this civilization great again as it was.

 

(2016)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nada

The Apex of Identity

SPOOF : What The?